Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Introduction To Learn Chinese With Me

Welcome to Learn Chinese With Me.

I've been living and working in China on and off since 2002 (though I'm back in Australia now). At various points I've thrown myself into learning Chinese (Mandarin), but the efforts have never lasted.

The end result is that I have a basic level of Chinese, but with significant gaps. I'm looking to take my Chinese to the next level and have decided that for me to really learn Chinese properly, I need to make sure that I keep it up.

How can I do that? Enter this blog! If I have to post the Chinese I've learnt, that's an incentive to keep learning. It makes me a little more accountable, even if ultimately it's only accountable to myself! Then again, who knows, this blog may end up with readers, then I'll be accountable to them.

So the purpose of this blog is just to document what I learn (in the Chinese language), as I learn it. It MAY be useful to other people to follow along, but it's NOT going to be a complete, organized, program to help you learn Chinese. It's really just for me to record what I learn (from a variety of sources).

I have another China related blog over at my jobs in China site and I thought about adding these posts over there, but in the end I thought having a separate site just for these posts is a better solution - a single place where everything I've learnt is contained.

So, welcome to Learn Chinese With Me - I hope it may be of use to you (and I hope I finally take my Chinese to the next level).

2 comments:

Michael Chiarello said...

Hi,

The Chinese language is one of the oldest languages in the world, its earliest written records going as far back as more than 3,000 years ago. During this long period of time, Chinese has seen constant development, but Chinese Grammar, vocabulary and writing system have mostly retained their basic features. Thanks a lot...

Mandarin Language Lessons

Cursos De Mandarin said...

Hello Friends,

Living in China without any knowledge of the local language can be a daunting task. Since Chinese languages use characters and grammatical structures that likely seem incredibly foreign to a native English speaker.

Thanks.

Post a Comment